Tuesday, July 8, 2014

We're official! NameBrandDealz is a Dot-Com! Be Pretty!

Well this has been quite the journey for me, in all things beauty! I started out selling cosmetic items on eBay. You know, the random gifts you'd get from Estee Lauder or Lancome or Clinique, when you purchased your skin care or a new fragrance from them. They always seemed to give me a pink lipstick I could never pull off, and a perfect blush to match! What's a girl to do?

So a-listing I would go! I always had at least 10 makeup auctions active at any one time, with orders shipping out almost daily. My normal monthly seller fees were around $80 ~ and I had 100% positive feedbacks and not a single 'claim' against me. I was making money, my shoppers were happy, and eBay was getting their cut. Everyone's happy, right?

THUD. I got an email, informing me that my account has been given selling limits. I was now only allowed to list one cosmetic item at a time. After 90 days, my account would be re-evaluated, and after 90 days, it was. I was told that they were not increasing the seller limits on my account. They would not give me a reason why. When you're ebay, I guess they don't have to give you a reason.

After I got my head to stop spinning, I regrouped. They were not gonna take me down! My mom told me about a website with a cute little blue bird for a mascot, and I started listing. I never knew HTML before this, but they had a basic cheat sheet which I learned from, and back to listing I went! So liberating to just list my pretties on MY terms. No one telling me I had to sit on an item for 2 weeks, Hoping the shopper would pay for it. I had a great run of it, and I think my stats there sit around 684 sales completed. Take THAT, ebay!

The site with the cute little blue bird has gone thru some changes - growing pains, if you will. Sales have slowed down to the equivalent of tapping maple out of a tree in the middle of January in Canada! Yeah, that slow. The site owner told me - first of all - You have to sell what people are looking for. REALLY? I think I've passed your sniff test. Something changed and it wasn't me. Time to do my own kind of 'shopping..'

I decided to revisit a store I'd started on eCrater. Within a month, sales were happening. Then, I was shipping sales almost daily. Some days, 3 to 4 sales - and really nice, high end products by Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and MAC. My confidence was validated! I'm a girl and I know what girls are gonna like - I know what we're looking for!


To celebrate my Mojo and tie it all together, I decided to make it official. NameBrandDealz is our new home. It's new and it's just being developed and I'm excited to share it to you. Its for us girls and all things beauty and I hope you'll take a look!

...Be Pretty! NameBrandDealz!

No comments: